Friday 31 October 2014

Crunchy choc chip peanut butter biscuits

Baking has never been this easy!
The holy grail of biscuit recipes
I pride myself on my ability to make good food and yummy treats, however every now and then my baking is a colossal FAIL!
Last year I attempted to bake vanilla biscuits, after seeing and tasting the end result I swore to never make biscuits again. needless to say it looked and tasted really bad.
I LIED! I remembered reading a blog post by Samatha Beuvers (PR Professional) regarding tips on being successful in Public Relations.  


Tips:


1. Do not be afraid to try something newYou might not master it the first time, and that’s okay. Even your failures serve as useful learning experiences. Press on, try again and ask for help when you need it.


2. Before beginning an assignment, be aware of the various components, the interplay between those elements and the necessary individuals to get the job done                                                       A successful product is completed only when all the “ingredients” come together harmoniously. With every project, it’s important to visualize the end result, be a contributing member of the team and bring your best efforts to the table.


3. Never assume that you know somethingNo matter how many times you have done something before or how certain you are that you already know the answer, check your sources. 

4. Know your limits, and exercise creativity within them
You can be precise and professional without being boring. Creativity is a craft. It not only helps develop your personal brand, but can also be tailored to give each client a particular voice.

5. Be precise, check, and double check I apply the above in my baking and in my career.
These biscuits are the the perfect consistency -not too cakey or soft, crisp on the outside and medium soft on the inside.


Ingredients

1.5 cup peanut butter1 cup brown sugar1/2 cup butter1.5 cup flour1 tsp baking powder1 egg3 tbs choc chips (or crushed nuts)

Method

1. Pre-heat oven to 180°2. Mix peanut butter, butter, sugar and choc chips with a mixer3. Add the egg and mix4. Sift flour and baking powder5. Add peanut butter mixture to the flour mixture6. Spoon dough onto a baking tray 3cm apart7. Flatten dough with a fork (optional)


3 comments:

  1. Wow love the tips! Will be applying them to my career, as well as the next time I decide to bake some biscuits as my first time too was a complete fail :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously Tammy! My stomach is actually making whale sounds as I'm look at your recipes!
    Great Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Robyn and Patrick, I am pleased that you like the recipe and tips.

    ReplyDelete